Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yay swaddling!

I am a first time mum and mine had twins and doesn't remember a whole lot from our little bitty days- my sister gave birth two months before me so I've been garnering lots of knowledge watching and learning from her experience. HOWEVER- her little sweetie is a sleeper- (much like her mommy when she was young) and consequently my sister dear is not facing the same challenges as I am in at least this one respect.

Some of my earlier blogs may indicate or allude to some of the difficulties I have had with my little bear and his sleepy times. Well, let me tell you dear readers- I believe I have had a major breakthrough! I have started swaddling again and it has made a world of difference last night and today- my son took a two and a half hour nap today! That's over twice as long as his one-time-only longest nap EVER. Other than that- a "good" nap for him has been about 30 minutes! He's only been having those occasionally- like maybe one every couple of days (You can imagine how much house-keeping I've been able to do). So- yippee! I may be able to start having more of a life and a routine soon. I am very excited.

A note on swaddling though- the blankets that I have for this purpose are a bit too small for my tall little guy. Also, I am interested in the most efficient method possible in nearly everything I do (some call it laziness :) So I am in the drawing board process for making my own swaddling "tube" that I could just pull up and down from the bottom for diaper changing purposes. There are many permutations of swaddling garments out there- but not one like this. So far I am working with long sleeves from husby's unwanted shirts- but am hoping for some pants legs to work with soon. Will keep everyone posted.....

No comments:

Post a Comment