Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Operation NAP

So, if you've been reading you may have picked up on my daily nap struggle- there have been times that it really seemed like I'd made a breakthrough but then I'd be back to square one again. Well, yesterday was no fun and I ended up letting him nap on me for a while because he would breastfeed, fall asleep, get put down in his crib (swaddled or not) and be up about 2 minutes later crying- every time.



So, today after EIGHT attempts to put him down for a nap he is finally asleep! I think it's just going to be a rinse and repeat kind of process for him until he gets used to it *sigh*- but I did put some black mat board in the window to block out nearly all the light and I think that's helping.



Saturday I went on my first solo outing!- meaning that for the first time in nearly two months I was more than 20 feet away from my son! I went on a little shopping jaunt and got some clothes at Old Navy, some glue at Hobby Lobby, and boxers at Walmart, I also picked up lunch at Chik-fil-A for Jack and I - it was really pleasant.......for me.

Jack and Max did not have the greatest time but I breastfed him as soon as I got home and he was okay again.



I'm trying out a different pacifier tonight and that might make a difference. I am leaving again tonight to watch a show over at Selah's house- I have been MIA for weeks from our weekly fashion show fix tradition. We have been watching ANTM and/or Project Runway with each other at her house every week for a couple of years now. But it is timed right when Max needs to start the 3 hour process of winding down for the evening and he is quite often pretty cranky right beforehand.

2 comments:

  1. Be consistent-- you're doing a great job-- such perseverance! Go Mom! I love your upbeat, positive, loving attitude. Claire loved swaddling too- I called it tying her up and got so many looks when I was out and about and I would coo to her "Are you so tired? Do you want mommy to tie you up?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy! It's really nice to have such kind words from such a seasoned mom :)

    ReplyDelete