Saturday, April 18, 2009

swaddling Houdini

Swaddling is still great- however- I have come to discover that not just any swaddle will do when it comes to my mighty Max.


I looked online and discovered a way of swaddling which seems mean when you're doing it- instead of wrapping each inner blanket corner around the body with baby's arms straight against their sides- you wrap the blanket corners around the baby's arm and then tuck the rest of that side underneath the baby's back. After you get this straitjacket type wrap in place you wrap again with another outer blanket in a classic swaddle style to keep them warm enough. It seems awfully restrictive when you do it, but my little guy slept for longer than he has in many weeks.

The next night that I did this he slept for nearly SEVEN hours!!!! Wow. I am a fan.




4 comments:

  1. Mighty Max may be the most adorable appellation ever attached to a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- it's appropriate- Jack has been massaging his muscles because he read that it helps them develop- and he punches me in the boob all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait, Jack or Max punches you in the boob all the time? :D*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Jack! It's definitely little baby punches from Max- they're still cute- for now.

    ReplyDelete