Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Woo-hoo!

3 weeks old


So, we had another appointment today for little Max because at his 2 week appt he was not back up to birth weight- but about 2 oz. shy at 7lbs. 12.9 oz. We went back today for his newborn blood test and to weigh him again. Well- drum roll please- he gained TWELVE OUNCES this past week! He now weighs 8 lbs. 9 oz. and I am jubilant because I had actually introduced a pacifier this week and was a little worried that maybe I shouldn't have and that he might not be eating enough.

Also- Doc said that I can pump now and use an occasional bottle starting sometime next week- so that will be a relief and a convenience, especially for visits with in-laws and stuff- plus- I'll be able to leave him for a couple of hours with Jack- I can recharge my battery and know that he'll still be eating well.

I took him to Half Price Books today since I got the okay for visits in public- he likes his sling and he was a hit with my co-workers. They said he looks like Jack but has my eyes- I tend to agree- it's interesting the way that his face is really a combination of both of us. His nose will look like Jack's from one angle and mine from another- stuff like that- I can't wait to see how he changes.

2 comments:

  1. congrats!

    i think he has more of your facial features right now...but who knows which of you he'll start to look more like as time goes by.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- I see both of us- but I think his overall face looks most like me too- people generally first say Jack- but I think they're wrong. He does have Jack's lips- but he does me-stuff with them. He definitely has Jack's hands. I know alot of guys that look like their mom's we'll just have to wait and see....

    ReplyDelete