Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm new at this

So, a dear friend of mine asked that I post blogs and she doesn't ask a whole lot- plus my inner diva has been secretly wanting to post a blog for a couple of years now but never felt like I had much to talk about.
However.....
I am (as of February 24th) a proud new stay at home mama and this seems like a good way to keep interested parties abreast of the daily minutia of parenthood and whatever else I may be up to.

Today was supposed to be my first solo mission after my husband went back to work today- he's an HVACR technician and extremely handy. But- my twin sister and her husband with their two month old in tow dropped by 'cause they were in the neighborhood. Then we all decided that it would be a good plan for them to stay for a dinner of the super yummy candy-like beef ribs that are one of my husband's specialties. So, I was only alone until around 1 pm.

Before that was great though- because instead of sleeping during my almost 2 week old son's last long nap this morning I got up and had breakfast and a shower and then a short nap! I felt like super mom- even if it was only for 4 or 5 hours- it was awesome. :)

Tomorrow he has his two week check-up and I'm hoping that he has gained enough weight to be back at his birth weight of 7 lbs. 15 oz. I am also curious about his size percentiles- like length, weight and head size and all that. To whom it may concern- I will keep everyone posted. I must warn you dear reader(s?) that I am a bit too verbose at times- so I will try my hardest to keep these entries shortish and sweet- I am sorry for the inevitable times that I will not manage to do so.

Oh! We received my son's social security card today! He's official!




No comments:

Post a Comment