Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One Month Old!



So, Max is exactly one month old today! We decided to celebrate by having Jack give him his first bottle ever- so I'd been pumping in readiness and was/am very excited at the prospect of a bit more freedom for me.


He's sucking so hard Jack doesn't even need to hold it!

It was super cute- it took him a little while to get used to- it's cold, it's from a hard plastic container, it's coming from Dad- but he got the hang of it quickly and seemed to enjoy it and then promptly went to sleep and we were able to put him down in his bassinet during the day for the longest time so far. (Normally he doesn't go down outside of someone's arms or my sling during the day for longer than maybe 10 minutes or so).

I have the typical dual-mother reaction though- I'm sort of jealous and hurt that the bottle got him to go down for a nap and I worry about being replaced by the convenience. But I really want to be able to give him bottles for when we travel, when Jack or someone else babysits, et cetera. It's hard to be a mom- you always want things to progress but then you mourn the change.

He grows so fast and it makes me so sad that he won't always be this warm little squashy bean for me to snuggle with after I've breastfed him that I want to cry if I think about it for very long. But on the other hand I am so excited to see him grow and develop and discover. It's rough.

2 comments: