Thursday, July 9, 2009

Max's new stats

Max's 4 month appointment actually happened when he was closer to 4 and a half months old- so his percentiles are a little skewed maybe- but here goes.

Height: 26 3/4 inches (that's 5 INCHES taller than he was at birth!) 95th percentile

Weight: 18 lbs. 10.4 oz. 98th percentile (their chart did not actually go past 97th, so this is a guesstimate)

Head circumference: it was 42 something in centimeters I think but the percentile is 88th

I really thought that at least some of his percentiles would be the same or maybe even smaller- but they ALL increased! The nurse told me to keep eating whatever I was eating- that's always nice to hear. He also got his second round of vaccines, which went much better than last time, he wasn't nearly as shocked and didn't cry for anywhere near as long.

That night though he woke up wailing at 3:40 in the morning- I went in to check on him and picked him up only to realize that he was very warm. He had a slight fever from the vaccines (totally normal side effect) but I felt really bad that I hadn't given him the children's tylenol earlier. I gave him some and nursed him a little and put him back to bed.

He seemed to do okay today, he definitely still had a slight fever and was more irritable than normal- but that's all to be expected in the day or so after vaccines. He didn't have hardly any symptoms the first time around. I was really frustrated last night because I find our baby thermometer kind of difficult to use and am never sure if I'm doing it right. It kept reading 96 or 97 and I KNOW he was hotter than that last night. I got a couple of readings today of 101.4 (which is still below the post-vaccine limit). I kept him on his tylenol and tried my best to keep him cool and happy- he seems okay, just a little cranky. He doesn't like the tylenol drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment