Monday, July 13, 2009

Max's First "Food"

We have officially started Max on "solids" (organic rice cereal mixed with breastmilk)- it's pretty exciting even though most of his nutritional needs will still be met by breastmilk for months to come. We're supposed to introduce things slowly- I'm not sure what we'll try next- probably squash or something. We knew that he was okay with a spoon because we tried one in our attempts to get him to actually consume some of the expressed breastmilk I have stockpiled. (He really doesn't care for bottles). So, we tried him out and he did pretty well- he ate about 2 tbsp. if my calculations are correct and wasn't miserable or anything.




Perhaps a bit unsure- but not miserable! :) The second attempt went a little better still- it's all very exciting- plus it's super cute and fun.

In other news- I ordered some turkey eggs from Etsy and am super jazzed to start dyeing them- with my new electric kistky!!!!! Unfortunately I need to order some new dyes and I'm still trying to decide if I should go tried and true or branch out for the "promise" of new colors. The website with new colors seems like their ordering process is a little convoluted. Anywho- I'll get antsy soon and probably go with a reorder of my tried and true 17 color set from UkrainianGiftShop.com

2 comments: