Wednesday, July 8, 2009

First post-baby date!




A while back Jack did some A/C work at McCormick and Schmick's- they have a regular guy but needed additional help- he ended up spending hours and hours of overtime over a period of a couple of days and the manager thanked him by giving him a very generous gift certificate. At the time Max was only about a month old and wasn't ready to be babysat for any significant length of time. So, last night we finally got to use the gift certificate for our (drum roll please) first night out together since Max was born! Yippee! Bryan and Selah were kind enough to let us prevail upon them to be guardians of sleeping Max so we put him to bed in Dicey's bassinette and we were on our way!




We got EVERYTHING- appetizers of Crab Lump Queso and really good raw oysters, plus I tried a new cocktail and it is one of my new top five alcoholic bevvies- it was a basil grape refresher which was white grape juice, ginger ale, vodka, angostura bitters and lime juice garnished with 3 green grapes (one of which I managed to roll across the floor to underneath the nearby table with the tiny baby. Cherry tomato flashback anyone?*) and a few mint leaves. It sounds sweet and maybe even cloying- let me tell you- it is not. It was, true to it's name, quite refreshing and I couldn't taste the alcohol at all- but knew it was there after halfway through the second one. yum.



*My mother loves to tell a story about Selah and I being small and out at a restaurant for probably the first time- we got salads with cherry tomatoes in them and were totally weirded out and fascinated/repulsed by them I guess. Anywho, to get us to stop talking about them or make them less weird, in a perhaps regrettable move my mother told us to think of them as little balls. I promptly picked one up and threw it across the restaurant, only to have it land in a lady's purse.





Jack got wild king salmon with yukon gold potatoes and I got stone bass with jasmine rice cakes in a pineapple coconut sauce- both entrees were amazing with nothing left to be desired (except maybe a smaller portion for me- everything was delicious and we were already getting full).

But that wasn't going to stop me from ordering dessert.....


Jack got some yummy cinnamon brownie thing and I got a chocolate bag filled with white chocolate mousse and berries- it was awesome! The bag is hard to finish though folks, just so you know.

And for Max news: Selah got him the best onesies ever! One says Mr. Amazing and the other says Captain Adorable- they are 9 MONTH sized onesies.....
We'll see about his stats tomorrow at his slightly late 4 month checkup.

No comments:

Post a Comment