Monday, June 22, 2009

New Stuff

Because Max-o is so good on his legs (holding most if not all of his weight if you balance him) we thought it was time for an exersaucer.
We bought one at Target that just happened to match our playmat- so that's fun. Jack put it together for us and Max plays in it a few times a day- he's not doing it for too long yet- but it's another option for him when he's restless- so that's cool. Instead of his feet touching the floor they rest on a bungee corded platform that has different levels that it can be adjusted to as Max's legs get longer- so that's cool- maybe he can use it for longer because of that.



Sometimes when I take off his onesie I leave it around his head and then when I pick him up again it stays there like a little turban- of course this cracks me up and I always want to take pictures- here he is having roll-around time complete with his fancy headgear.



As you can see he has recently totally "discovered" his feet and he now grabs them pretty much any chance he gets. Usually right after his diaper comes off because he's less hindered by clothing and such- that's when he generally gets moved to the floor so he can have a little workout. He's trying really hard to get those feet to his mouth but so far he generally grabs the tip of his toes and then his hand is in the way when he brings them to his face.


Also- had to post this cute pic. We give him a bath every night A. Because frankly if we don't all his little rolls get sweaty and can start to smell not so fresh and B. Because it's a great way to keep him calm and wind him down happily for his bedtime (7 pm). Plus it is a great tool to buy a little time in case he gets cranky earlier than normal so he'll still go down around 7- he sleeps about 11-12 hours every night and Mama doesn't like to wake up earlier than 6 :)
And now for something completely different.....

I got bangs cut for the first time since I was a kid- Selah and I grew ours out in 6th grade and have been all-one-length kind of girls for most of our adult lives. But now I'm very happy with my layers and new long side swept bangs. This photo is the first time I styled my hair from scratch on my own. I had to buy a bunch of stuff but none of it was too expensive and I'm pretty happy with my results. This may not seem like a big deal to very many people- but to go from a wash-and-wear non-hairstyle to something that needs to be "done" is a pretty major change. I'm cool with it though- still experimenting with all my options.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks ladies- I wish I had another- this one's really too short

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont add my swirl ingredients into the ice cream maker. I layer it in the container after the ice cream is ready! :D

    ReplyDelete