Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Latest Max news

Okay- Mission:Unswaddle is still going strong!
First night he went down easy at 7:50 pm and then woke up at 4:20 am- which is a big improvement over the previous swaddled night (2:30 wake-up). So that was 8.5 hours, then he went down again until around 7:30 am- so that's nearly 12 hours with just a 20 minute break- yay!
Last night he didn't go down until 9 pm but it was a victory in my eyes because instead of being super close to sleep when we put him down he actually was fussing a bit- tired noises and complaining a little for just shy of 10 minutes- but he then got quiet and fell asleep by himself! This is a huge step toward self-soothing- yippee!

He's down for another nap now and we only had one failed attempt (putting him down, but he's not tired enough so he cries for 10 minutes then I get him up again) before he went down today which is an improvement too. Hopefully his nighttime soothing will get better and better.
Last night he made tired little complainey noises for nearly 20 minutes before he started to sound like he meant it and I went in and fed him. It really sounded like he might go back to sleep last night (of course he didn't) but it seemed like he might be able to in the future. Maybe that's wishful thinking, I don't know- we'll see. He may have other plans for me.



We had a great time when Jack's Grandmother and Aunt Judee visited- they were on their way to visit Judee's first grandchild and Me-maw's first great-great-grandchild! They stopped in for a short little visit and Max was in mellow-mode, which is his 2nd best mode for visitors so that was good. Judee even sent us a nice little thank you card really quickly afterwards and they both complimented my tiny cluttered home so that was nice. :)

Max let Judee give him "sugars" without getting upset about a complete stranger up in his grill- so I was happy about that too.

Also, Godfather Lee was in town that weekend too so he stopped by for a quick visit after his martial arts class and got to see how much sturdier Max is than the last time he saw him- (Easter). Pretty soon *hopefully* Max will seem strong enough for Lee to touch him with his whole hand (or even hold him!) instead of just his finger. :)



Because my little Meatloaf is such a bag of sand he is starting to be able to "tripod sit". We started letting him do this on our bed last night and I got some good footage this morning. It's fun to do this sit-up game on the bed where he can flop over and face-plant repeatedly and not be bothered by it. I feel better now about hopefully having him sit in a Bumpo chair at the restaurant when we all go out for mine and Selah's birthday later this month.

I also took him to a spa-party with loads of strangers and lots of laughing and talking and he did really well- I had my Moby wrap that my sister is kindly letting me use and he fell fast asleep in it on my chest, handsfree! It was real sweet. He charmed all the ladies and was pretty quiet the whole time- though he did chime in a bunch during the hostess' little ad-talk for her products- they were all cute happy sounds so I don't think anyone minded.

5 comments:

  1. love the picture placed right after "he may have other plans for me" He may indeed! No, seriously, sounds like things are going well, it is all a figure it out as you go along thing anyway and it seems like you are getting an earlier start than many on a good path. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the placement of that photo was especially cunning.....
    Last night he slept 10 hours!!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey max, keep up the good work!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Janice! Jack calls him Puff n' Stuff

    ReplyDelete