Monday, June 22, 2009

Highlights

Okay- so I haven't posted in a long time because I've been continuously trying to load the same damn picture from Father's Day over and over again in an attempt to write a post about it. Sadly my computer is randomly cranky about uploading photos- I think it has to do with the connection- but I just got wireless so I don't know what else I can do. Anywho- in light of the picture disaster and all the stuff that's happened since I am going to just do a highlight reel type post- some of you are probably relieved. :) If some of the photos are wonky- so be it.

Father's Day- really nice wake-up in bed with 3 bears after Max and I do side by side feeding- Jack gets to play with Max in his adorable new jammies.


Jack requests pancakes, eggs and sausage for breakfast- it's really yummy. The pancakes are not from scratch- they are in a spray can like whipped cream- but they're organic and tasty and pretty convenient.

We pack up and go to my family reunion- which is really our Father's Day gift to our Dad- to have his girls with their babies in such a special place on such a special day. We also got him a yoga gift certificate.
While we're up there we get a cool pic with the other twins in our family tree (or at least the closest ones) Burt and Clay. Burt is now the proud father of three gorgeous little girls- one of which is being held here by her uncle Clay. Both of those girls are 2 months older than Max. My question is, are all boys a bit bigger or is Max individually huge?
The next day we got Thor professionally groomed- he had basically never done this before. We took him to a Grandmom and Grandpop operation in San Marcos, but she requested that Jack stay and help her with our overly large cocker spaniel and it was just not the same as an anonymous professional place without Mommy or Daddy there. It didn't go well and so for the next 6 years or so Jack and I always groomed him at home with some clippers we bought and scissors and stuff. It was quite the production and we never did a very good job because Thor was not particularily co-operative. So, you can imagine our surprise and delight to have the groomer at Petsmart declare Thor "one of the best cockers [she's] ever groomed." Yippee!!! I don't have to forcibly groom an unwilling dog anymore! We also discovered that A. Thor really likes those cow hoof chewies and B. He's fatter than we thought he was under all that hair.
Max turned 4 months old! He sleeps between 11 and 12 hours every night by himself and he has just recently started rolling over completely- he still sometimes gets stuck for awhile and frustrated but he generally works it out. He also likes to stand for a long time if you hold his hands for balance. His favorite games are peek-a-boo and when we pretend to eat him.
I amuse myself slightly at Max's expense when I discover that he'll leave this horse on his forehead for quite awhile- I have a million pictures- but this is one of the best.
I also amuse myself with his adorable little hat that Selah gave him because it goes with the outfit that is extra wide and does not fit her lean baby. While making fascinators, I stick a stray leaf on top for a little green apple effect- so cute. :)
Mine and Selah's 31st Birthday! We have in the past thrown many and huge themed get-together but with babies we take it easy and go to our Parent's house where Mum is making us dinner. I really cherish showers now that I'm a mama and I have this nice robe from my mother in law and these turbie twists for my hair and I feel so fancy like I'm in a salon in the 40's when I wear the matched set. I feel like Esther Williams.
We put Max-o in a little outfit that Grandma Cat bought him and sadly I think we waited too long as it is really difficult to get him in and out of and is a bit snug on his chubby legs.
But at least we get a few pics of it....
Before he lets us know that he would prefer nuditity for a little while. Yay Naked-Time! He gets this every day- usually in his diaper so he doesn't pee on us. Dicey likes to touch his head- it's very sweet- she seems fascinated by him- he hasn't particularily noticed her yet but if you lay them next to each other they'll sometimes hold hands like that video of the otters a while back.
This is my Dad's hand- not Jack's- Max tends to make funny faces when you squish his cheeks.
So, Father's Day=Good, Birthday=Good- I will try to do more frequent postings and ignore the occasional janky photo so I don't get so behind again.

4 comments:

  1. The photos are great, but you don't need to feel like you have to have so many for each post. You spelled particularly wrong. That horse-y pic of Max made me laugh out loud. I like yr Esther look. My turbie is pink, and my fave robe is pink. Hmmmm. Anyway, fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not to play devil's advocate, but i always enjoy lots o' pics. even if they're screwy. i'm wondering if it's the connection between your camera and computer.

    thor looks very handsome with that new haircut!

    cuteness all around, bien sur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mostly put photos up for Kaitey anyway since she's so far away- Gotta keep Faerie-Godmother in the loop! The pictures are always fine on my computer it's just when I try to put them on Flickr or Blogger that they go weird- and the same pic won't load the same way- it will be weird in different ways everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and sometimes it will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete