Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rant

I know power outtages (sp?) happen- it's an inconvenience to reset all your clocks- but no big whoop OCCASIONALLY. However- for some reason the power at my house is acting craptacular. Not only do we have weird anti-surge things where the power sputters and drags for several seconds lately (at least SIX brown-outs in less than 2 hours the other morning). But we also keep losing power entirely. It has happened maybe 3 times in the past several days- it's only for a few seconds- (long enough to call my husband, tell him the power's out and then have it come back on before we've hung up, ) but it's highly annoying as it disables the baby monitors.

This morning around 5:30 am it happened and my sweet husband got up to go turn the base back on (for some reason the monitors will kick back on but not the receiver). The base is in little bear's room *natch* and it seemed like he'd been sneaky enough- but no. Max was awake again a minute or two later when he "normally" would have slept another 2 hours! I managed to get him back to sleep again but my sleep suffered greatly as I had already stayed up too late. boo.
TXU Energy was supposed to call my husband and set up a time for them to come out and check our connections but they didn't. Jack is calling back today.

On a lighter note- I am going to start my belly-dancing dvd today in an effort to get my core muscles back. My lower back just hasn't been the same since childbirth (among other things) and picking up the doughboy isn't getting any easier. Bellydancing seemed like the funnest exercise I could do at home while keeping my face out of the dog's reach. Thor and yoga do not mix. :)


Plus- I'll be learning a new skill! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. that's funny about Thor and yoga. Never thought of it that way. You should totally bring your dvd over sometime, maybe we could have regular bellydance days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it's a pain to have enough space to lay out the mat and then keep him outside the whole time- it really takes away from the relaxing zen-ness to have a dog barking and scratching at the door the whole time. I think bellydancing days sound good- the instructor has a fun accent.

    ReplyDelete