Friday, May 1, 2009

Growth!


Maximus just had his 2 month check up- he was about 9 weeks at the time and it went great! He has now "lapped" his 4 month old cousin Dicey and is bigger than her in every way (well except for cuteness and personality- Dicey has those in spades) So, here are the stats:


Head: 16 1/8 " -75th%

Length: 24 1/4" - 90th%

Weight: 13.56lbs. - 88th%


He picks his head up real well, smiles frequently, is starting to make lots of different sounds for different feelings- he's right on track and on the big side sizewise- very exciting since he's solely breastfed! (They tend to grow a little slower than formula fed)


We had a couple of outings yesterday and it went pretty well- he was, of course, a bit fussy when I really wanted him to be happy- but such is life with a 2 month old. He was in his carseat quite a bit and in and out of the car and the heat and stuff and really did great- he mostly slept in the car.

That brings me to last night- which started out normally with him getting put down once or twice to then go down for good right at 10:00 pm. I woke up at 4:40 am because my husband had a nightmare and I expected Max to wake up shortly thereafter but continued dozing until he really meant his little noises. Well- the next time I woke up (boob info alert) was when I leaked a little bit- it felt like sweat rolling on my chest- and no wonder I was leaking because it was 7 AM and my poor boobs were rock hard Barbie boobs after about 9 hours without feeding my son. So I woke up and pumped a little just to stop the leakage and he STILL didn't wake up until nearly 8!!!!


That's TEN HOURS of uninterrupted sleep- yippee!


He woke up and helped me out with my boob problem and now he's playing happily- it's amazing how quick they change and how different day to day is. He has started to stick out his tongue more and he actually clicks it at least once a day or so- his little fine new baby hair is uber soft and he likes to have his face and cheeks played with- which is good because I really like to :)


Here's a shout out to everyone who gave or lent me something that I use everyday- Selah and Bryan introduced me to my new Brest Friend that I use constantly, Teresa is indefinitely lending me a very nice electric dual breast pump which has been great, my sister's neighbor gave me a glider with an ottoman that I love along with a playmat and Kalena gave me a little vibrating rocking chair that greatly extends Max's playtime- I cannot thank you enough ladies and gent- you all have helped to make these 2 months go by much more smoothly and pleasantly :)

2 comments:

  1. What on earth are you doing up at that hour?! Oh, I know. I think you should just be quiet- Nathan is 16 mos old and has slept thru the night exactly 3 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, Max is still not doing it consistently but he has slept through 4 times now- so I'll hush- :)

    ReplyDelete