Friday, May 8, 2009

Baby Days

Max cracked me up with this single toe popping out of his weird little sack booties that were hand-me-downs from someone. How did he do that? Another conundrum is how his fingernails get so dirty- he's inside all day and he mostly just makes little fists out in front of him- maybe it's dead skin? Who knows....




Max fell asleep on me yesterday and he was so sweet and waddy that I had to take a bunch of pictures :)







There are more on Flickr if anyone's interested besides me! :)
Max has been on and off sleeping through the night pretty successfully. The first night was 10 hours, the next was 8 or so, then I think 7.5 and then he woke up three nights in a row due to gastrointestinal activity and/or swaddle malfunction. Night before last he slept for 9 something hours and last night he was up at 5:30 am and then went down again until 7:30 at which point we did Mommy and Max nappy/nursey time in my bed until around 9:30.
On another note entirely:
I kind of hate my newish neighbors and want to move when my lease is up in August but I can't make another lateral move- it has to be upward from here on out.
Anywho, back to the neighbors- the 'hood that I live in is not so great but used to be okay if you stayed inside because no one really bothered you. We share a duplex with a nice single dude who has two dogs that bark and incite our dog to do so as well- but other than that living here used to be just fine.
Now we have some lady next door who claims not to speak English when her old-enough-to-know-better kids THROW ROCKS at our front door apparently with the reason that they had lost a ball over our back fence! Don't ask.
Also, my brother-in-law is convinced (and rightly so) that this lady may be running an illegal daycare out of her "home"- I would not be a bit surprised. We are both moms but when we are in the front yard at the same time- checking mail or whatnot- she refuses to acknowledge me- no nod, no smile, nothing. RUDE.
Her kids, or at least the ones we presume to be hers, left a bunch of their toys in our part of the yard the other day and overnight and Jack was so irritated (they are constantly setting off the alarm in his work van) that he just threw them all away! Ha! He called me later that day to tell me what he'd done in case they came asking about their toys- but they never did. These kids leave their bikes in the yard overnight! I think it serves them right to have their toys taken.
One last gripe- there's also now this possibly crazy lady in another duplex in our cul-de-sac who told Jack a bunch of stuff about our neighbor threatening her little girl with his dogs just for walking through his grass. I don't really think our duplex-dude is this kind of fellow, there must be more to the story. Anywho, she spoke to Jack and now feels like she can talk to me and told me the other day when she caught me checking the mail that she'd been wanting to meet me!
Yuck. I need to move.
Plus.......She touched my baby without permission. Gross.
Okay I'm done.


3 comments:

  1. cutest behbeh toe EVAR!!!

    weird neighbors suck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yr neighbors are gross. Fingers crossed for change soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my neighbors are gross- thanks Kaitey! He's got such big toes...

    ReplyDelete