Thursday, May 7, 2009

mish-mash

Bunch of little things in this post:
Max likes his stroller much better if we put a big padded blanket underneath him in the carseat to cover the buckles- it's really sweet to see him cuddled up with blankets- since you can't have babies sleep with blankets you don't get to see it very often- at least not in Texas where it's too warm to bundle up your baby all the time. Swaddling isn't cute in the same way because they're all tight like a burrito. So- here's a pic of him being sweet with a really soft blanket- just for fun. :)

I have a dilemma that I don't think alot of moms face and that is that my husband is a very toasty man- this is why he and I sleep with separate blankets. However- I never foresaw it causing difficulties with a baby- but it does. Jack sometimes gets so hot when holding the baby that Max gets upset and sweaty and starts crying. I looked around online a bit but so far have not seen any ladies talking about how their husbands are too hot to hold the baby. Max does like his baby bjorn carrier thingy though and he fell fast asleep in it the other day- so cute! Look at those little arms- he's dead to the world!


Baby's First Camo! There were crisper pictures but this one is the cutest :)

I have started to try out some hats on him since it's so sunny outside and so far this is one of my very favorites. It has a chin strap so it stays on- I wish more of his hats had chin straps- maybe I'll sew some on......
Max loves bath time and sometimes it's one of the only things that will calm him down- he kicks really hard and splashes water all over the place and it's something that Jack can do with him without fear of overheating him. We like to keep his head warm during the bath and he always makes me think of those man-on-the-street characters from Monty Python with the knotted handkerchiefs on their heads.
These are the feet of my favorite sleeper suit of his. It's my favorite because it's long and lean and it zips instead of snapping but especially because the feet have elasticized ankles so they really stay on his feet- it's just extra cute. However- I think this onesie is cursed because EVERY time he sleeps in it his diaper leaks. It's happened THREE times so far!! His diaper really doesn't leak very often. It's a shame really- he's growing out of things so fast- it's exciting but it makes me sad to not be able to put him in certain clothes anymore.

2 comments:

  1. such cute pics! The one of the white hat is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! I was really pleased with the way that picture turned out. You would think that there was someone holding the camera for him to look at but it's an arm-length photo.

    ReplyDelete