Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A new leaf!

I totally adore group shots of my eggs. I know it's shamelessly self-promoting, but what else are blogs anyway? Here are a bunch of new ones with some older ones too.

Up until this point this blog has been primarily for the purpose of sharing new-mom news with whomever it may concern. Now that I have my "mom-legs" and things have settled a bit with everything else I'm trying to pick up the pace with my Etsy shop. SO, for all you readers out there, now there will be the occasional post of what creative stuff I'm up to and maybe how I'm trying to jazz up the shop.

This is, of course, with the given knowledge that I am pretty lazy and also still learning all the stuff that I should be doing- so it's only tiny little changes so far, but I'll get there-please be patient. :) I've already changed my shop banner, though I'm not totally set on the background color, and I've been tweaking my listings here and there too.

I have been able to steal moments here and there and make some new eggy-weggs which has been so fantastic. It makes me feel much better to be creating pretty little things that I'm pleased with. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I started again- now it's on my brain all the time.
I feel like I have a pretty decent photography formula and I'm trying to come up with interesting names for everything because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (*you know who you are Miss Indie Proprietress Extraordinaire!) ;D* It's a little challenging but I'm enjoying it so far.

My dear dear husband, who is unfortunately betwixt jobs at the moment built me most of a shelf for my dye jars that sits like a hutch on the little IKEA desk that I make eggs at. It is the realization of a vision MANY years in the making to have all my labelled jars in sight and at arm's reach all at once. This coupled with my now complete set of electric kistka (the styluses I use to draw wax onto the eggshells) makes my set-up the absolute best it has ever been. Super happy about that- oh, I forgot to mention my egg organization!

I've had this set of drawers forever, and never really used it to it's fullest until now! I cleared all the crap out of it (most of which I will deal with later) and categorized all my eggs in the drawers. Awe-some!! So pleased with it and how much easier it makes it to find what I need/know what I have. Yippee!

My paper sculpture work area is another story......

2 comments:

  1. Awesome that you're all fired up about creating things again. I'm really glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited about it- thanks- I hope that I can keep the momentum and not get too sidetracked by everything else.

    ReplyDelete